The ultimate shoe for days on the water.
A low volume, high performance shoe providing durability, superlative grip, and supreme comfort on water or land.
The self-draining, Flex-Grip™outsole promotes excellent balance and ground feel. Indestructible, hydrophobic canvas uppers are securely held to your feet with a stretch mesh tongue and flat laces provide a reliable fit.
Weight: 209 grams
Flex Grip Outsole
- Thus rubber allows excellent flexibility and sensory feedback for heightened grip and balance. Maximised surface area for high friction on smooth surfaces. Divided lugs for substantial grip on loose dirt. Razor Siping maximises edges that bite into surfaces upon flexion.
- All Astral shoes have a special relationship with water. Every component, from the thread to the laces are critically evaluated and chosen for its ability to hold up after constant soaking, to shed water, and not to accumulate funk. Many models have engineered drainage for water to come out while minimising entry of silt.
- Astral believes that a foot's position in a shoe should be similar to when barefoot. This allows excellent balance and a biomechanically natural lifestyle.
- Footbeds are essentially level (only 1mm drop from heel to toe) and provide medium arch support. Tapered instep and heel area for better foothold and control. Wide forefoot allows your feet and toes to spread out for stability.
- This G compound is formulated for premium grip while also providing excellent abrasion resistance. Its low durometer means the rubber is softer and therefore conforms well to the ground.
- Intended Use: Water, Casual, Boat, Travel
- Uppers: Hydrophobic Canvas for durability with stretchy Airmesh at vamp and tongue for secure fit and ventilation. Two sets (different colors) of flat, water resistant laces provided.
- Midsole: 7mm thick, 45C closed cell EVA foam.
- Outsole: Flex-Grip™ is non-marking, draining, super flexible, razor siped , and has 3 mm lugs. Made with G.15™; our sticky, high abrasion compound.
- Foot to Ground Distance: 12mm heel, 11mm ball
- Weight/shoe: Men's 9 = 209g
Click to enlarge
NEW ZEALAND DELIVERY (excluding boats)...
- For all NZ orders we use Post Haste Couriers
- All local orders over NZD $100 are shipped free using a standard service
- All local orders under NZD $100 are charged a flat fee of NZD $6 and ship using a standard service
- Standard delivery time for South Island is next business Day. North Island is 2 business days. Rural Address and PO box numbers add 2 days.
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information
- Once it has left the store it is at the mercy of the couriers. Please check your tracking information and contact the couriers if it has not arrived when expected.
PICK UP/CLICK & COLLECT: We offer an in-store pick up service. This is contactless, please order online and choose Pick-Up. You will be notified when your order is ready for collection. Please visit the shop side door on Lawson St, the main door will be closed.
WHERE IS MY ORDER: Once your order has been shipped you will receive a Shipment Order Email. This will have a link to your tracking details, you can use this link to find the location of your parcel and contact the courier company to see how far away it is. You can also use our online chatbot 'Bruce', to track your 'order status'. 🐻
INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY (AUSTRALIA, USA)
- All Australian orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $10 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- All North American orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $50 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- Standard delivery times for international orders are 5 business days
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information.
- Please do not buy products with eggs or bacon, as international customs do not like this and your order may be confiscated at your own cost (no one wants wasted bacon and eggs!)
SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS
- A limited number of Montane items are shipped from the UK warehouse and delivery can take up to 14 business days from order placement
- All Ruffwear is shipped from our Christchurch store and usually leaves the same or next day. If for some reason we don't have the item you ordered we will notify you the day you order and let you know when you can expect delivery. Special order for non stocked items are usually 2 weeks.
- Shipping for white water boats starts at $99. Shipping can be arranged for all other boats, kayaks and canoes. Please contact the store for details.
QUESTIONS?If you'd like to know availability and delivery times for a specific item please contact us and we will get back to you the same day.