Navigate in confidence
The SILVA Expedition Series is for experienced users and professionals. The Expedition series has been a global leader when it comes to accuracy, precision and durability for many years.
The SILVA Expedition Series comes with two completely new features: a Slope card and a Scale lanyard.
SILVA Expedition features easy-handling Dryflex™ housing, silicon rubber feet for precision map work, detachable safety-release lanyard, night-enabling luminous markings, magnifying lens, a clinometer for measuring slope angle, map-measuring scales in mm or inches, 1:25,000, 1:50,000 and GPS scales, plus built-in adjusters for magnetic declination (including permanent local adjustment). The Expedition can also map-measure 1:40,000.
The slope card is great both for detecting avalanche risk and for determining how challenging your journey will be. By knowing the slope you can also judge any extra distance that you need to go due to the slope.
The scale lanyard has two scales on it; 1:25, and 1:50, which facilitates to measure the distance of your hike. Since its soft and bendable it’s easy to place it directly on to your route on the map.
The new graphics contain a more distinct arrow (Expedition) and also a more contemporary font. If you are in need of a traditional baseplate compass with high-end features, the Expedition should be your choice.
Weight: 50 grams
Silicon rubber feet for map work
Luminous markings for night navigating
Clinometer for measuring slope angles for avalanche assessment
Range of scales in mm and inches
Attachment: Detachable safety-release scale lanyard
Declination adjustment: Permanent adjustment for local magnetic declination
Magnifying lens: Yes
Scales 1:25k, 1:40k, 1:50k, GPS scales
Silicon friction feet: Yes
Variant: Magnetic Equator, Magnetic North, Magnetic South
Slope card: Yes
NEW ZEALAND DELIVERY (excluding boats)...
- For all NZ orders we use Post Haste Couriers
- All local orders over NZD $100 are shipped free using a standard service
- All local orders under NZD $100 are charged a flat fee of NZD $6 and ship using a standard service
- Standard delivery time for South Island is next business Day. North Island is 2 business days. Rural Address and PO box numbers add 2 days.
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information
- Once it has left the store it is at the mercy of the couriers. Please check your tracking information and contact the couriers if it has not arrived when expected.
PICK UP/CLICK & COLLECT: We offer an in-store pick up service. This is contactless, please order online and choose Pick-Up. You will be notified when your order is ready for collection. Please visit the shop side door on Lawson St, the main door will be closed.
WHERE IS MY ORDER: Once your order has been shipped you will receive a Shipment Order Email. This will have a link to your tracking details, you can use this link to find the location of your parcel and contact the courier company to see how far away it is. You can also use our online chatbot 'Bruce', to track your 'order status'. 🐻
INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY (AUSTRALIA, USA)
- All Australian orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $10 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- All North American orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $50 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- Standard delivery times for international orders are 5 business days
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information.
- Please do not buy products with eggs or bacon, as international customs do not like this and your order may be confiscated at your own cost (no one wants wasted bacon and eggs!)
SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS
- A limited number of Montane items are shipped from the UK warehouse and delivery can take up to 14 business days from order placement
- All Ruffwear is shipped from our Christchurch store and usually leaves the same or next day. If for some reason we don't have the item you ordered we will notify you the day you order and let you know when you can expect delivery. Special order for non stocked items are usually 2 weeks.
- Shipping for white water boats starts at $99. Shipping can be arranged for all other boats, kayaks and canoes. Please contact the store for details.
QUESTIONS?If you'd like to know availability and delivery times for a specific item please contact us and we will get back to you the same day.