A dream come true for young or small paddlers, the P&H Scorpio MKII LV in CoreLite X is lightweight without compromise.
The CoreLite X construction brings the Scorpio MKII’s performance even closer to that of its composite brother, the Cetus; you’ll notice the reduced weight and greater stiffness straight away, but you’ll really come to appreciate it when you’re committed to an expedition and every last bit of energy counts.
A further increase in durability also means that individuals can explore rocky coastlines and shallow bays with absolute confidence, professional users will enjoy a reliable and responsive working platform with an impressive lifespan, and centres can give their clients something that’s exciting and encourages progression without excessive fleet replacement or maintenance costs.
The Scorpio shares the same progressive hull profile as the Cetus, transitioning seamlessly from a slender bow to a highly stable, slight ‘V’ body with rounded chines, giving a smooth ride and effortless control in all conditions; generous bow rocker means that the Scorpio MKII also runs with the waves like no other polyethylene sea kayak out there.
Building on the legacy of the original Scorpio, the Scorpio MKII has retained the same essence that makes it the sea kayak trusted most by paddlers across the globe, with just minor tweaks to the hull profile for improved stability in waves and when kayak sailing, and a deck redesigned around the requirements of modern sea kayaking.
The back deck volume has been reduced and the cockpit rim profile lowered to provide easy rolling and smooth re-entry, and the bow deck profile has been tweaked slightly to provide more comfortable connectivity around the knees and allow a sail to lay flat against the boat when not in use.
Drainage has also been improved around the hatch covers, and the hatch rims themselves angled slightly to improve access, particularly when loading longer items such as tents.
With a whole plethora of other additions such as recesses for secure split paddle storage, moulded-in inserts to take a kayak sail mast foot, and the option of a standard skeg or the revolutionary Skudder system, no other polyethylene sea kayak on the market is as fully featured and ready for adventure as this.
Flat Earth Sails and all running kit can be fitted on preorded kayaks for $930
Please note when comparing prices, this price is for a Corelite Construction.
Please note all P&H kayaks can be ordered, get in touch to for more info.
Corelite Weight: 25.5 kg
Can't find what you're looking for? Give us a call and we will happily order in what you need.
Designed around open water expeditions but equally suited to day trip exploration
CoreLite X construction; all the benefits of CoreLite plus a 2-3kg weight reduction, increased stiffness and greater durability
Bungee-retained, ergonomic toggle handles for comfortable carrying and safe rescues
Market-leading KajakSport hatch covers throughout.
Available with Skeg or the revolutionary Skudder system
Versatile, 4-Hatch design; Bow, Stern, Day and Pod (lightly angled for easier access). Moulded-in fittings for fast and simple installation of the P&H sail systems
Lightweight and highly durable bow and double-stern foam bulkheads
Form-fitting, 5-point adjustment; seat trim, foot pegs, hip pads, thigh grips and backrest
Skeg slider positioned on deck to avoid interference with high angle paddle strokes
Low profile back deck and cockpit rim for easy rolling and re-entry
Split paddle and compass recesses on forward deck
High strength, full deck lines and bungees for ample storage and rescue options
Length: 508 cm
Width: 53 cm
Internal Cockpit Length: 76.5 cm
Internal Cockpit Width: 38.5 cm
Total Volume: 271 L
Front Hatch: 49 L
Day Hatch: 21 L
Rear Hatch: 51 L
Mini Hatch: 4 L
Weight Corelite Weight: 29 kgs
Weight Range: 50 - 110 kgs
NEW ZEALAND DELIVERY (excluding boats)...
- For all NZ orders we use Post Haste Couriers
- All local orders over NZD $100 are shipped free using a standard service
- All local orders under NZD $100 are charged a flat fee of NZD $6 and ship using a standard service
- Standard delivery time for South Island is next business Day. North Island is 2 business days. Rural Address and PO box numbers add 2 days.
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information
- Once it has left the store it is at the mercy of the couriers. Please check your tracking information and contact the couriers if it has not arrived when expected.
PICK UP/CLICK & COLLECT: We offer an in-store pick up service. This is contactless, please order online and choose Pick-Up. You will be notified when your order is ready for collection. Please visit the shop side door on Lawson St, the main door will be closed.
WHERE IS MY ORDER: Once your order has been shipped you will receive a Shipment Order Email. This will have a link to your tracking details, you can use this link to find the location of your parcel and contact the courier company to see how far away it is. You can also use our online chatbot 'Bruce', to track your 'order status'. 🐻
INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY (AUSTRALIA, USA)
- All Australian orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $10 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- All North American orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $50 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- Standard delivery times for international orders are 5 business days
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information.
- Please do not buy products with eggs or bacon, as international customs do not like this and your order may be confiscated at your own cost (no one wants wasted bacon and eggs!)
SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS
- A limited number of Montane items are shipped from the UK warehouse and delivery can take up to 14 business days from order placement
- All Ruffwear is shipped from our Christchurch store and usually leaves the same or next day. If for some reason we don't have the item you ordered we will notify you the day you order and let you know when you can expect delivery. Special order for non stocked items are usually 2 weeks.
- Shipping for white water boats starts at $99. Shipping can be arranged for all other boats, kayaks and canoes. Please contact the store for details.
QUESTIONS?If you'd like to know availability and delivery times for a specific item please contact us and we will get back to you the same day.