An ideal kayak for those cruisy journeys on the water.
A longer kayak is a faster kayak, allowing you to cover larger distances; the Islay 14 is an adventure touring kayak with a length similar to that of a sea kayak, but in a format that offers a little more stability and manoeuvrability.
Ideal for beginners and intermediates who want to try their hand at cosy weekend adventures and relaxed journeys of up to a week in length on canals, sheltered lakes, and gentle rivers.
Ideal for the following:
Medium to long distance journeys
Exploring lakes and gentle rivers with ease and the confidence to take photos from the kayak
The best combination of hull efficiency, speed, and a manageable size
Weight: 25.5 kg
Slender Bow & Stern
- Slice cleanly through the water and engage for great tracking, with a vertical stern cut-off giving maximum waterline for optimal hull efficiency
Dynamic Volume Distribution
- Lifts the bow over waves for a drier ride, increases stability, and gives excellent gear carrying capacity
Wide, Shallow ‘V’ Hull Mid-Section
- Gives great speed and tracking whilst being reassuringly stable and easy to manoeuvre
- Widest point behind the paddler for stability without hindering paddle strokes
- Sized for all-day comfort, easy access, and spraydeck compatibility
- Used for carrying, or for keeping hold of the kayak after a swim in moving water
- Store your paddle safely whilst fishing, taking photos, or just relaxing
Large Bow & Stern Hatches
- Ample, water resistant storage of your picnic or camping gear, featuring market-leading KajakSport hatch covers
- Separates the hatch compartments from the rest of the kayak, and prevents flooding in the event of a capsize
- Store maps, hats, and more close to hand
- Running along the perimeter for increased boat handling options, particularly during rescues
- Attach a cable lock to secure your kayak during storage.
Length: 427 cm
Width: 60 cm
Volume: 374 L
Front Hatch: 43 L
Day Hatch: N/A
Rear Hatch: 81 L
Length: 89 cm
Width: 51 cm
Weight: 25.5 kg
Paddler Weight Range: <130 kg
NEW ZEALAND DELIVERY (excluding boats).
- For all NZ orders we use Post Haste Couriers
- All local orders over NZD $100 are shipped free using a standard service
- All local orders under NZD $100 are charged a flat fee of NZD $5 and ship using a standard service
- Standard delivery time for South Island is next business Day. North Island is 2 business days. Rural Address and PO box numbers add 2 days.
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information
- Once it has left the store it is at the mercy of the couriers. Please check your tracking information and contact the couriers if it has not arrived when expected.
INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY (AUSTRALIA, USA)
- All Australian orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $10 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- All North American orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $50 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- Standard delivery times for international orders are 5 business days
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information.
- Please do not buy products with eggs or bacon, as international customs do not like this and your order may be confiscated at your own cost (no one wants wasted bacon and eggs!)
SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS
- A limited number of Montane items are shipped from the UK warehouse and delivery can take up to 14 business days from order placement
- All Ruffwear is shipped from our Christchurch store and usually leaves the same or next day. If for some reason we don't have the item you ordered we will notify you the day you order and let you know when you can expect delivery. Special order for non stocked items are usually 2 weeks.
- Shipping can be arranged for boats, please contact the store for details.
QUESTIONS?If you'd like to know availability and delivery times for a specific item please contact us and we will get back to you the same day.