PrimaLoft synthetic insulation materials and performance yarns focus on four main characteristics:
- More compressible
Synthetic insulation materials are tried and tested, providing reliable warmth, even when wet. Proven in the unpredictable U.K. weather, Montane and PrimaLoft work together to produce iconic clothing and equipment such as the super versatile Prism Jacket.
Montane also uses PrimaLoft’s performance yarn in its Primino® range to create supremely comfortable and ultra fast drying baselayers.
PrimaLoft Silver Insulation Eco
Used in a wide range of Montane products, PrimaLoft Silver Insulation Eco offers a synergy of the excellent warmth, softness and comfort that PrimaLoft products are known for, in an environmentally friendly synthetic insulation.
Approximately 28 recycled water bottles are used in the production of each kilogram of PrimaLoft Silver Insulation Eco, which averages 6 bottles per finished jacket. This 70% recycled fibre technology is combined with a proprietary water repellent treatment and millions of air pockets for immediate warmth without weight or bulk, keeping you dry in wet weather.
- Composition: 100% polyester
- Water repellence: Engineered with permanent water repellent PrimaLoft ultra fine fibres
- Certified: Bluesign® certified fabric - manufactured to strict environmental standards using safe production methods which eliminate the use of harmful substances
- Main properties: Mid-loft insulation
- Warmth without bulk
- Water and wind resistant
- Warm when wet and fast drying
- Highly compressible
- 70% recycled fibre technology - fibres produced from post-consumer and post-industrial plastic waste
- Packable (compresses like down)
- Superior softness