A minimalist and ultralight pack for long, back country adventures.
If your planing a big trip and you've already sawn you toothbrush in half then the Ultra Tour 55 is your pack.
From the Tongariro crossing to the Pacific Crest Trail, the new Ultra Tour 55 is the ultimate large super lightweight multi day mountain pack.
Its unique design features a roll-top closure for fast access to clothing and equipment and large stretch mesh pockets for storage of route maps, water bottles, fly sheets and other essentials.
It features a new Comfort Vent Back Pad system which offers superb comfort. The ultra lightweight, minimalist nature of the Ultra Tour 55 makes it ideal for fast packing and ultra lightweight backpackers.
Weight 840 grams
Vent Back Pad system
- Constructed from RAPTOR Zero fabric in the main body which is tough yet exceptionally lightweight and features a superb DWR and formidable tear resistance
- Ultra lightweight MONTANE® Comfort Vent Back Pad™ has perforated, moulded ribs that provide excellent ventilation and wick moisture away from the body
- Comfort Vent Back Pad™ with CONTACT Open Mesh for enhanced ventilation and airflow
- Shoulder straps and hip fins feature CONTACT Air Mesh for body-hugging comfort, soft feel and a quick dry time
- Perforated shoulder straps for excellent ventilation and comfort with a central strap spine for structural integrity
- Top tension straps allow pack weight to be pulled closer to the body for pack stability
- Chest harness with left hand positioned clip prevents bulky buckles over the sternum and increases comfort with its low profile
- Body curve perforated hip fins for excellent comfort, ventilation and strong stability whatever the terrain
- Double tension waist harness for extra stability, pack weight equalisation and ease of use while on the move
- Zipped large stretch mesh stash pocket for route guides, storage of essentials and ideal for drying wet fly sheets and garments whilst on the move
- Two side angle stretch mesh easy grab™ water bottle pockets
- Versatile stretch mesh pocket on the shoulder straps for use with electronic devices and compatible with Montane® Soft Flask 250ml bottle (sold separately)
- Hip pockets for handy storage of essential items
Loading and Closure Configuration
- Large wide mouth pack opening with roll-top dry bag closure for additional storm protection and fast access to contents
- Base compression strap secures pack contents for a more stable load and allows for extra external storage
- Double Z-shaped side compression straps that can lock down and secure pack contents to stabilise load
- Daisy chain webbing strips on main pack body for attachment of additional items
- Removable trekking pole attachment loops which can be repositioned on the daisy chain webbing to secure equipment to the pack effectively
- Removable side roll-top attachment webbing and buckles for further weight reduction
- Reversible mitt and glove compatible buckles throughout
- Hydration bladder compatible with internal storage sleeve
- 360° DUSK TILL DAWN™ head torch reflectivity
- RAPTOR Zero
- Contact Open Mesh
- Contact Air Mesh
Click to enlarge
NEW ZEALAND DELIVERY (excluding boats).
- For all NZ orders we use Post Haste Couriers
- All local orders over NZD $100 are shipped free using a standard service
- All local orders under NZD $100 are charged a flat fee of NZD $5 and ship using a standard service
- Standard delivery time for South Island is next business Day. North Island is 2 business days. Rural Address and PO box numbers add 2 days.
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information
- Once it has left the store it is at the mercy of the couriers. Please check your tracking information and contact the couriers if it has not arrived when expected.
INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY (AUSTRALIA, USA)
- All Australian orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $10 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- All North American orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $50 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- Standard delivery times for international orders are 5 business days
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information.
- Please do not buy products with eggs or bacon, as international customs do not like this and your order may be confiscated at your own cost (no one wants wasted bacon and eggs!)
SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS
- A limited number of Montane items are shipped from the UK warehouse and delivery can take up to 14 business days from order placement
- All Ruffwear is shipped from our Christchurch store and usually leaves the same or next day. If for some reason we don't have the item you ordered we will notify you the day you order and let you know when you can expect delivery. Special order for non stocked items are usually 2 weeks.
- Shipping can be arranged for boats, please contact the store for details.
QUESTIONS?If you'd like to know availability and delivery times for a specific item please contact us and we will get back to you the same day.