Master all terrain.
An award winning performance trail shoe that made a mark before hitting the specialty stores, having received accolades such as The ISPO Award – in the category of Performance Trail Running Footwear in Munich.
The shoe incorporates Swedish and Italian design and technology at its best. Developed to provide maximum grip and comfort on all surfaces such as technical trail, off trail and wet rocks.
The latter is guaranteed through Vibrams Megagrip™ outsole, which characteristics are a sticky and a very long lasting compound that provides excellent grip on wet, muddy, slippery surfaces as well as dry rocky surfaces.
If you were to chose only one trail shoe – Trail5 is it!
Weight (each shoe): 230 grams
3 Layer Construction
Covering mile after mile calls for a combination of comfort and durability. Accordingly, Salming shoes are designed to function in rugged environments via utilising its 3 layer upper construction.
A first layer of mesh material adds comfort, while the middle stabilises lateral movements and reduces pressure on the foot. The exterior thin net mesh encapsulates and wraps up the front in a neat fashion, adding durability to the shoe.
The Exo Skeleton design stabilizes the foot in lateral movements and relieves pressure at the MTP joints (Metatarsophalangeal joints). This part of the design construction eliminates friction and reduces the impact of the side forces in the soft parts of the foot, especially underneath the forefoot.
The toe box is more roomy in order to provide a possibility for the fore foot to expand properly in the landing phase, making it more effective in a biomechanic perspective.
Torsion Efficiency Unit™
Responsive without being overly supportive – The Torsion Efficiency Unit™ brings sturdiness to the shoe. It is appropriately placed to generate maximal running efficiency.
The material in the midsole is a newly developed compound named RECOIL™ - which is a super lightweight cushioning compound that releases a high rebound energy effect.
The Vibram Megagrip compound has been developed by Vibram, the world authority in terms of performance rubber outsoles, with more than 75 years of experience in more than 120 countries.
The Megagrip is a sticky and very long lasting compound that provides excellent grip characteristics in wet, muddy, slippery conditions as well as dry rocky ground.
A special PU area covering the lower part of the shoe upper protects it from sharp rocks and branches thus increasing the durability of the shoe and adding confidence to the runner.
Our heel cup is specifically designed to add minimal weight to your shoes, creating a transformable, adaptive fit.
Upper: 3-layer construction
Drop: 5 mm
Weight (per shoe): 230 g
Stack: 24.5 mm centre of heel, 19.5 mm ball of foot
Outsole: Vibram MegaGrip™
Click to enlarge
NEW ZEALAND DELIVERY (excluding boats)...
- For all NZ orders we use Post Haste Couriers
- All local orders over NZD $100 are shipped free using a standard service
- All local orders under NZD $100 are charged a flat fee of NZD $6 and ship using a standard service
- Standard delivery time for South Island is next business Day. North Island is 2 business days. Rural Address and PO box numbers add 2 days.
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information
- Once it has left the store it is at the mercy of the couriers. Please check your tracking information and contact the couriers if it has not arrived when expected.
PICK UP/CLICK & COLLECT: We offer an in-store pick up service. This is contactless, please order online and choose Pick-Up. You will be notified when your order is ready for collection. Please visit the shop side door on Lawson St, the main door will be closed.
WHERE IS MY ORDER: Once your order has been shipped you will receive a Shipment Order Email. This will have a link to your tracking details, you can use this link to find the location of your parcel and contact the courier company to see how far away it is. You can also use our online chatbot 'Bruce', to track your 'order status'. 🐻
INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY (AUSTRALIA, USA)
- All Australian orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $10 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- All North American orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $50 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- Standard delivery times for international orders are 5 business days
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information.
- Please do not buy products with eggs or bacon, as international customs do not like this and your order may be confiscated at your own cost (no one wants wasted bacon and eggs!)
SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS
- A limited number of Montane items are shipped from the UK warehouse and delivery can take up to 14 business days from order placement
- All Ruffwear is shipped from our Christchurch store and usually leaves the same or next day. If for some reason we don't have the item you ordered we will notify you the day you order and let you know when you can expect delivery. Special order for non stocked items are usually 2 weeks.
- Shipping for white water boats starts at $99. Shipping can be arranged for all other boats, kayaks and canoes. Please contact the store for details.
QUESTIONS?If you'd like to know availability and delivery times for a specific item please contact us and we will get back to you the same day.