A trail shoe that has it all.
Confidence is key when running in extreme terrain. Therefore, developing the ultimate off trail performance shoe OT Comp (Off Trail Competition), Salming teamed up with technical soles authority Michelin in order to create a lightweight agile self-cleaning shoe with excellent traction that cater to the needs of orienteering, OCR and Swimrun athletes.
The lug design of the outsole is inspired by a mix of Michelin’s critically acclaimed mountainbike and motorbike tires; Wild Mud and Starcross 5. The lugs are constructed for maximum penetration in mud when searching for harder ground and grip. The small difference in height, built into the lugs itself, allows for excellent penetration.
The base structure that connects the outsole to the midsole adopts the Michelin Fiber Lite Technology construction that enables extreme lightness through a very thin but very durable textile layer.
The rubber used in the OT Comp outsole is Michelins OCX - Extreme Outdoor Compound - which features an extreme adherence on wet slippery surfaces due to its special sticky compound.
The upper construction has a lightweight mesh body allowing excellent water drainage and breathability.
The side areas exposed to the wear and tear of rugged terrain has an added RocShield™ reinforcement areas, protecting your foot and shoe.
The Midsole features the Salming DNA of the Torsion Guidance System 62/75° (TGS62/75°) – the distance from heel to the ball of foot (62% of the shoe) has been designed to offer an optimized rear foot stability, which ends up in a so called “ballet” line, inserted at a 75° angle.
The TGS 62/75° technology assures that the shoe bends in exactly the right places. The midsole of OT Comp is Salmings critically acclaimed RunLite compound, also found on Salming Elements, its predecessor. The RunLite midsole is made thin to enable the mind to read the ground underneath your foot (Proprioception being part of Salming Running Wheel™) but still with enough cushion properties to make your run comfortable.
Or, to put another way, this trail shoe has is all.
US sizes shown. See Sizing guide below.
Weight (per shoe): 220 grams
2 Layer Construction
The upper is designed with a 2 layer sandwich construction and an ExoSkeleton construction on top of that.
The first inner layer next to the foot has a big air mesh featured in order to create a comfortable plush feel.
A thin net mesh enables an excellent water drainage but at the same time keeping out sand and gravel.
The outer layer is an ExoSkeleton unit which has the lacing area integrated into it, holding the foot in place and creating an unsurpassed fit.
Torsion Guide System
The distance from heel to the ball of foot (62% of the shoe) has been designed with extra stability, which ends in the so-called “ballet” line, a 75° angle.
In front of the 75° line, we have equipped the shoe with greater flexibility to stimulate the foot’s natural movements.
The TGS 62/75° feature assures that the shoe bends in exactly the right places, stimulating the foot’s natural lateral and forward movements.
Fully Integrated Exoskeleton
- The Exo Skeleton design stabilises the foot in lateral movements and relieves pressure at the MTP joints (Metatarsophalangeal joints). This part of the design construction eliminates friction and reduces the impact of the side forces in the soft parts of the foot, especially underneath the forefoot.
- The midsole features the new RunLite™ foam midsole material which offers lower weight and better energy return from the very first step.
4mm Heel Drop
- Heel drop is essentially a measurement for how fat a running shoe’s heel feels. It’s short for “heel to toe drop,” shortened to “drop.” It tells you how much taller the heel is than the forefoot.
Michelin Technical Soles™
- The rubber compound used in the OT Comp outsole is the Michelin OCX - Extreme Outdoor Compound - which features an extreme adherence on wet slippery surfaces due to its special sticky compound.
- A special PU area covering the lower part of the shoe upper protecting it from sharp rocks and branches thus both increasing the durability of the shoe and adds confidence to the runner.
- The heel cup is specifically designed to add minimal weight to your shoes, creating a transformable, adaptive fit.
Lug: 7 mm
Upper: Lightweight mesh
Drop: 4 mm
Weight: 220 g (UK 5,5)
Stack: 16 mm center of heel 12 mm ball of foot
Outsole: Michelin Technical Soles™
Click to enlarge
NEW ZEALAND DELIVERY (excluding boats)...
- For all NZ orders we use Post Haste Couriers
- All local orders over NZD $100 are shipped free using a standard service
- All local orders under NZD $100 are charged a flat fee of NZD $6 and ship using a standard service
- Standard delivery time for South Island is next business Day. North Island is 2 business days. Rural Address and PO box numbers add 2 days.
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information
- Once it has left the store it is at the mercy of the couriers. Please check your tracking information and contact the couriers if it has not arrived when expected.
PICK UP/CLICK & COLLECT: We offer an in-store pick up service. This is contactless, please order online and choose Pick-Up. You will be notified when your order is ready for collection. Please visit the shop side door on Lawson St, the main door will be closed.
WHERE IS MY ORDER: Once your order has been shipped you will receive a Shipment Order Email. This will have a link to your tracking details, you can use this link to find the location of your parcel and contact the courier company to see how far away it is. You can also use our online chatbot 'Bruce', to track your 'order status'. 🐻
INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY (AUSTRALIA, USA)
- All Australian orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $10 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- All North American orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $50 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- Standard delivery times for international orders are 5 business days
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information.
- Please do not buy products with eggs or bacon, as international customs do not like this and your order may be confiscated at your own cost (no one wants wasted bacon and eggs!)
SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS
- A limited number of Montane items are shipped from the UK warehouse and delivery can take up to 14 business days from order placement
- All Ruffwear is shipped from our Christchurch store and usually leaves the same or next day. If for some reason we don't have the item you ordered we will notify you the day you order and let you know when you can expect delivery. Special order for non stocked items are usually 2 weeks.
- Shipping for white water boats starts at $99. Shipping can be arranged for all other boats, kayaks and canoes. Please contact the store for details.
QUESTIONS?If you'd like to know availability and delivery times for a specific item please contact us and we will get back to you the same day.