If we don't have it in stock, available for PRE-ORDER, contact us today!
The Pyranha 9R kick-started a creek boat design revolution; now it’s time to raise the bar with the 9R II.
This sports car of a kayak is an exhilarating ride on any river, its narrow width not only increasing the 9R’s dynamic speed, but also offering immense connectivity, effortless rolling, and lightning fast edge to edge transitions.
The 9R’s unparalleled speed is just as much fun to wield during everyday missions as it is in competitions, opening up more moves and whole new possibilities such as mid-rapid line changes and easy attainments.
The 9R II’s design has been refined to offer paddlers a faster ride with greater control, because after all, #FastIsFun
Weight: 22 kg
9ft length with cut-off stern gives maximum short-boat category waterline for ultimate speed, with a clean release of surface tension
A narrow, swede form hull paired with subtle paddle entry cutaways allows for perfectly placed paddle strokes and rewards them with explosive velocity
A narrower planing surface increases the hull speed and quickens edge to edge transitions
Extreme bow rocker, wave deflectors, and lower bow release edges create multi-stage dynamic lift, ensuring the kayak maintains planing speed in a wide variety of situations
A tailored progressive rocker profile engages the stern for tracking and carving performance when the kayak is being driven forwards, and releases at low to mid-speed for tighter turns
Additional volume at the seam line and stern deck, plus extra width towards the stern, prevent tail tapping and improve handling, particularly for larger paddlers and on big water
The rocker profile, volume, and stern width are finely balanced to carry maximum lateral speed through features and out of drops
Softened stern sidewalls make for smoother moves and greater control, even at high speed
Pronounced deck peaking sheds water efficiently when punching through features and resurfacing from drops
Safety comes as standard with a complete array of DMM drop-forged, anodised aluminium handles and security points
An open stern handle recess with inboard handle drains efficiently and is easily accessible for off-the-water handling of the boat and swimmer rescues
Length: 272 cm
Width: 65 cm
Volume: 310 L
Weight: 22 kg
Cockpit Dimensions: 95 x 50 cm
Paddler Weight Range: 65 - 100 kg
NEW ZEALAND DELIVERY (excluding boats).
- For all NZ orders we use Post Haste Couriers
- All local orders over NZD $100 are shipped free using a standard service
- All local orders under NZD $100 are charged a flat fee of NZD $6 and ship using a standard service
- Standard delivery time for South Island is next business Day. North Island is 2 business days. Rural Address and PO box numbers add 2 days.
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information
- Once it has left the store it is at the mercy of the couriers. Please check your tracking information and contact the couriers if it has not arrived when expected.
INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY (AUSTRALIA, USA)
- All Australian orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $10 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- All North American orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $50 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- Standard delivery times for international orders are 5 business days
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information.
- Please do not buy products with eggs or bacon, as international customs do not like this and your order may be confiscated at your own cost (no one wants wasted bacon and eggs!)
SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS
- A limited number of Montane items are shipped from the UK warehouse and delivery can take up to 14 business days from order placement
- All Ruffwear is shipped from our Christchurch store and usually leaves the same or next day. If for some reason we don't have the item you ordered we will notify you the day you order and let you know when you can expect delivery. Special order for non stocked items are usually 2 weeks.
- Shipping for white water boats starts at $99. Shipping can be arranged for all other boats, kayaks and canoes. Please contact the store for details.
QUESTIONS?If you'd like to know availability and delivery times for a specific item please contact us and we will get back to you the same day.