If we don't have it in stock, available for PRE-ORDER, contact us today!
Narrow width not only increases the dynamic speed of the Pyranha 9R, but also offers immense connectivity, effortless rolling, and lightning fast edge to edge transitions, even for smaller and shorter paddlers.
The 9R is just shy of 9' in length, so it's race legal at events all over the globe, whether you're entering to win or just for the thrill, and its ground-breaking design and unparalleled speed are just as much fun to wield during your everyday missions too, opening up new moves and whole new possibilities such as mid-rapid line changes and easy attainments.
Best suited to a driven paddling style with control strokes around the bow to middle of the boat, the 9R has the agility of a much shorter kayak thanks to the tailored rocker profile, and rewards power strokes with explosive velocity thanks to its narrow width and maximum waterline.
Extreme bow rocker and innovative wave deflectors are part of the secret to the 9R's easily sustained speed, directing water under the kayak's fast planing hull and accelerating the boat through holes and other features whilst you remain dry and focused on the next move.
The 9R's edges are soft at the bow to be forgiving, but become more pronounced towards the stern, allowing you to carve smoothly on edge with your weight back and aiding tracking during power strokes, whilst a squared-off stern allows the clean release of surface tension.
Weight: 21 kg
- Swede Form Hull: Asymmetric Swede form hull with narrow width for speed.
- Continuous Rocker: For speed.
- Wave Deflector: The latest Pyranha innovative feature, deflects most waves away from the kayak, generating dynamic lift and stopping surface tension, so it doesn't load the kayak with massive weight and slow the kayak down.
- High, Roundend, Flatter Bow: High bow to lift over obstacles, punch through holes and resurface quickly. Rounded edges for forgiveness help to keep you on line. Flatter bow hull directs water under hull for quick bursts to hull speed.
- Slight Edge: Starting in the center running to stern for control.
- Release Off Stern: Clean release off stern with edge.
- Aluminium Grab Handles: New 2014 Aluminium grab handles are stronger and more durable. Attached with captive inserts for a drier ride.
- Stout Seat: Longer, more ergonomically shaped seat pan provides a 3 way adjustable system that gives a bomb proof seating position
- Length: 271cm
- Width: 64cm
- External Cockpit Length: 95cm
- External Cockpit: Width 50cm
- Volume: 295l
- Weight: 21kg
- Optimum Paddler Weight: 60 - 95kg
NEW ZEALAND DELIVERY (excluding boats)...
- For all NZ orders we use Post Haste Couriers
- All local orders over NZD $100 are shipped free using a standard service
- All local orders under NZD $100 are charged a flat fee of NZD $6 and ship using a standard service
- Standard delivery time for South Island is next business Day. North Island is 2 business days. Rural Address and PO box numbers add 2 days.
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information
- Once it has left the store it is at the mercy of the couriers. Please check your tracking information and contact the couriers if it has not arrived when expected.
PICK UP/CLICK & COLLECT: We offer an in-store pick up service. This is contactless, please order online and choose Pick-Up. You will be notified when your order is ready for collection. Please visit the shop side door on Lawson St, the main door will be closed.
WHERE IS MY ORDER: Once your order has been shipped you will receive a Shipment Order Email. This will have a link to your tracking details, you can use this link to find the location of your parcel and contact the courier company to see how far away it is. You can also use our online chatbot 'Bruce', to track your 'order status'. 🐻
INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY (AUSTRALIA, USA)
- All Australian orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $10 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- All North American orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $50 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- Standard delivery times for international orders are 5 business days
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information.
- Please do not buy products with eggs or bacon, as international customs do not like this and your order may be confiscated at your own cost (no one wants wasted bacon and eggs!)
SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS
- A limited number of Montane items are shipped from the UK warehouse and delivery can take up to 14 business days from order placement
- All Ruffwear is shipped from our Christchurch store and usually leaves the same or next day. If for some reason we don't have the item you ordered we will notify you the day you order and let you know when you can expect delivery. Special order for non stocked items are usually 2 weeks.
- Shipping for white water boats starts at $99. Shipping can be arranged for all other boats, kayaks and canoes. Please contact the store for details.
QUESTIONS?If you'd like to know availability and delivery times for a specific item please contact us and we will get back to you the same day.