A lightweight, technical alpine climbing pack.
Perfect for done-in-a-day ascents or overnight adventures, the compact, lightweight Featherlite Alpine 35 backpack features everything you need but not a gram more without compromising on features or performance.
Its climbing specific design offers a unique dual wide mouth asymmetric opening providing superior protection for your gear, whilst an integrated shoulder strap and lower compression stabilises loads when on the move.
It can pack into its own lid for use as a secondary /summit pack and weighs an incredible 747g. The Featherlite Alpine 35 will give you the edge on tough, challenging ascents.
Weight: 748 grams
GRANITE STRETCH skirt lid side panels give a clean fabric hugging lid closure
Super lightweight HALO lining fabric has a 1m hydrostatic head and offers additional protection to contents
Pack shape is specifically engineered to allow for unrestricted head movement whilst wearing a climbing helmet
Foam pad back system can be removed to save weight or for use as a bivvy mat
Perforated shoulder straps for excellent ventilation and comfort with a central strap spine for structural integrity
Integrated shoulder strap and lower compression straps for simple, intuitive compression and load carrying stability
Tough metal components where required
Front central grab handle that is easy to use with gloves or mitts
H2O top right tube opening and arm harness tube attachment point
Constructed from 100 Denier triple rip-stop RAPTOR Featherlite fabric in the main body which features an improved strength to weight ratio through the use of Robic filaments. It also benefits from a specially enhanced PU coating that increases abrasion resistance and tear strength
RAPTOR Resistance panels for additional abrasion resistance where required
Shoulder straps and hip fins feature CONTACT Air Mesh Plus for all day comfort and a quick dry time
Patterning and Design
Minimal seams increase strength and reduce weight
Tapered slim-line shape for excellent stability and unrestricted movement
Entire pack stuffs away into its own lid for use as a secondary or summit pack
Minimalist snow shedding, shell friendly back system fabric for weight saving simplicity
Pre-curved foam pad back system provides structure and cushioning whilst carrying heavy loads
Shoulder straps have been specifically engineered for climbers to allow unrestricted movement when reaching and stretching during climbs
Top tension straps allow pack weight to pull closer to the body and control pack stability
Chest harness with off-centre buckle which reduces bulk across the sternum and is easy to use with gloves or mitts
Unique elasticated chest strap allows for unrestricted breathing during exertion
Chest and hip gear loops on either side for clipping spare hardware essentials whilst on the move
Raised harness compatible waist belt system
Minimal hip fins can be adjusted for optimum fit and include perforated foam padding for ventilation and improved load carrying comfort.
Removable hip belt for further weight reduction and to prevent interference with a climbing harness
Metal quick release™ waist belt fastening
Loading and Closure Configuration
Unique dual wide mouth asymmetric opening system provides an innovative secure closure with no central ingress points for weather entry to deliver superior protection for gear
Dual wide mouth asymmetric opening system offers an excellent weather protective seal when the lid is tucked away inside the main pack body for enhanced versatility when climbing
Cord Lord Lite™ quick release mechanism
External top lid storage pocket that is back facing for safe, easy access by a climbing buddy whilst on a route
Internal security pocket featuring vertical upside down zippered entry preventing coin and key loss
- Top single hand side compression straps offer effective compression and help provide additional stability
- Space saving efficient top lid front pull allowing for good vertical pack compression
- Internal top compression over mouth opening for secure rope storage
Tool Attachment Points
- Minimalist technical ice axe attachment points. Tools can be attached and accessed quickly when moving quickly
Click to enlarge
NEW ZEALAND DELIVERY (excluding boats)...
- For all NZ orders we use Post Haste Couriers
- All local orders over NZD $100 are shipped free using a standard service
- All local orders under NZD $100 are charged a flat fee of NZD $6 and ship using a standard service
- Standard delivery time for South Island is next business Day. North Island is 2 business days. Rural Address and PO box numbers add 2 days.
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information
- Once it has left the store it is at the mercy of the couriers. Please check your tracking information and contact the couriers if it has not arrived when expected.
PICK UP/CLICK & COLLECT: We offer an in-store pick up service. This is contactless, please order online and choose Pick-Up. You will be notified when your order is ready for collection. Please visit the shop side door on Lawson St, the main door will be closed.
WHERE IS MY ORDER: Once your order has been shipped you will receive a Shipment Order Email. This will have a link to your tracking details, you can use this link to find the location of your parcel and contact the courier company to see how far away it is. You can also use our online chatbot 'Bruce', to track your 'order status'. 🐻
INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY (AUSTRALIA, USA)
- All Australian orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $10 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- All North American orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $50 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- Standard delivery times for international orders are 5 business days
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information.
- Please do not buy products with eggs or bacon, as international customs do not like this and your order may be confiscated at your own cost (no one wants wasted bacon and eggs!)
SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS
- A limited number of Montane items are shipped from the UK warehouse and delivery can take up to 14 business days from order placement
- All Ruffwear is shipped from our Christchurch store and usually leaves the same or next day. If for some reason we don't have the item you ordered we will notify you the day you order and let you know when you can expect delivery. Special order for non stocked items are usually 2 weeks.
- Shipping for white water boats starts at $99. Shipping can be arranged for all other boats, kayaks and canoes. Please contact the store for details.
QUESTIONS?If you'd like to know availability and delivery times for a specific item please contact us and we will get back to you the same day.