Montane Alpine Equaliser is great for high energy winter activities.
With a full set of technical features and using a unique combination of Wind Barrier Dynamic as a windproof outer shell and wicking THERMO Plexus as an insulating liner, the Alpine Equaliser Jacket offers insulative weather protection in a breathable package.
Weight: (approx) 456grams.
- Fast drying
- Durable Water Repellency
- THERMO Plexus lining
- Helmet compatible hood
- YKK zips
- Hook and loop cuff adjustment
- Adjustable hem
CONSTRUCTION, PATTERNING AND DESIGN
- Outer shell constructed from Wind Barrier Dynamic; a lightweight, stretch windproof nylon fabric with an added Durable Water Repellency
- THERMO Plexus lining has a textured brushed grid microfleece inner to trap air whilst wicking away moisture through fast drying polyester fibres
- Technical tailoring around the arms to prevent arm lift raising the lower hem whilst reaching high
- Fully adjustable climbing helmet compatible hood
- Adjustable face aperture with internal cord exits
- Side volume compression for a close fit around head or helmet
- Stiffened hood peak gives stability and wired edge allows adjustability
- Tall collar offers maximum storm protection to the face
- Internal elastic loop and hook on rear hood compression drawcord allows hood to be rolled down whilst not in use in windy conditions
- Two A-line hand-warmer pockets with YKK reverse coil zips positioned well clear of backpack or climbing harness belt
- YKK reverse coil zipped chest pocket, designed to fit GPS or mobile phone securely
- Ergonomic lightweight zip pullers make use easier when wearing gloves
CENTRE FRONT ZIP
- Full length two way YKK reverse coil front zip allows easy access to climbing or rucksack harness
- Internal storm flap behind centre front zip together with press stud to secure hem and prevent further weather entry
- Roll over beardguard lined with brushed fine microfleece is comfortable next to the mouth and chin
CUFF AND SLEEVES CONFIGURATION
- Hook and loop cuff adjustment for a close fit around wrists or gloves
WAIST AND HEM CONSTRUCTION
- Adjustable hem with cinchable drawcord
- Rear external Montane hang loop
How do I wash my Montane softshell Jacket?
Wash at 30°C or 40°C (check the garment care label) on a gentle machine cycle with a non-biological detergent (without a built-in fabric softener) ensuring all zips and hook and loop sections are fastened. After the detergent wash place on an additional rinse cycle.
Drip dry. Some softshell garments can be tumble dried, please refer to the care label on your product.
Montane does not recommend that you dry clean or bleach your softshell jackets & other clothing.
How do I care for my softshell jacket?
You can re-proof your softshell jacket by following the laundering instructions for your garment, followed by an additional cycle adding pure soap flakes or a specialist cleaner (for instance Nikwax Tech Wash) and then treat it with either a spray-on or wash-in re-proofer (such as Nikwax T.X. Direct).