Your favourite whitewater play boat just got an upgrade.
The 4th Generation of the most decorated freestyle/playboat design ever made takes freestyle kayaking to new heights… out of the water.
The design is super lightweight, allowing your moves to be snappy, easy, and provide you with every advantage that a lightweight boat can give.
Slipping into the boat you’ll immediately notice the next level of comfort, from the foot-room, knee pockets, and the view from the cockpit.
The composite/plastic track combo for the hull support prevents oil canning and deformation of the hull. Your boat will be ready for the biggest waves, the best rock spins, or running down the river to the next playspot.
The shape of the bow and stern are designed to take hits and hold strong. While shallow looping holes are abusive to any boat, you’ll be glad you are in this one when you hit hard.
The next level in dryness. No holes are drilled into this new Rock Star on the outside where it can leak. Compare that to 11 holes for the competitions boats (or more), and add in one of the driest cockpit rim designs possible and you can paddle without water in your boat.
The most aerial boat Jackson has ever made, designed to help everyone get out of the water for the first time, or get more air than ever before for the experienced paddler.
Weight: 12 - 15 kg
Can't find what you're looking for? Give us a call and we will happily order in what you need.
- Standard bow GoPro mount molded in for easy access and fun shooting
- “Locked and loaded” knee pockets for positive control of your kayak
- More volume than any other kayak we have made for bigger air
- Seat now with an extra 3/4” adjustability forwards
- Hull design is now narrower, for increased speed, and bigger air on waves
- New design and outfitting under 30 pounds- strong and light!
- Shaped stern for quick release on wave moves, and stays on the surface well
- The shape of the bow and stern are designed to take hits and hold strong. While shallow looping holes are abusive to any boat, you’ll be glad you are in this one when you hit hard.
- Jackson have been trying to create the driest boat in the world with each new generation. Zero Holes are drilled into this new Rock Star on the outside where it can leak. Compare that to 11 holes for the competitions boats (or more), and add in one of the driest cockpit rim designs possible and you can paddle without water in your boat.
- Big Air “Huge” Bonuses are not only going to be easier, but you'll set the new standard for just how high out of the water the judges will expect a boat to go! If you are just learning to loop, this boat will launch you higher than any other design, giving you the time and air to complete your first loops. For all of the moves where air is possible, the bow and stern of this boat are carefully shaped to combine a slicey, easy-to-move-around shape with an explosive thrust upwards and a clean release from the water.
- Sticking moves is not only fun, but critical in competition. The Rock Star 4.0 has the side view shape, the volume, and fast rotation speed to give you more margin for error than ever before. Less boat in green water, more in the foam, more upstream launching, and slightly narrower and more forgiving hull for landing makes sure you spend your time in the hole, not in the eddy.
- 1” longer than the Rock Star 3.0 with an adjusted rocker profile that works across more wave shapes and speeds than the previous model to allow you to drop into just about any wave with more speed and potential energy for take-offs.
Height: 38 cm
Length: 1.73 m
Width: 63 cm
Volume: 203 L
Material: linear Poly
- Weight: 11.8 kg
Height: 39 cm
Length: 1.55 m
Width: 66 cm
Volume: 232 L
Material: Linear Poly
- Weight: 13.2 kg
Height: 41 cm
Length: 1.9 m
Width: 69 cm
Volume: 263 L
Material: linear Poly
- Weight: 15 kg
NEW ZEALAND DELIVERY (excluding boats).
- For all NZ orders we use Post Haste Couriers
- All local orders over NZD $100 are shipped free using a standard service
- All local orders under NZD $100 are charged a flat fee of NZD $5 and ship using a standard service
- Standard delivery time for South Island is next business Day. North Island is 2 business days. Rural Address and PO box numbers add 2 days.
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information
- Once it has left the store it is at the mercy of the couriers. Please check your tracking information and contact the couriers if it has not arrived when expected.
INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY (AUSTRALIA, USA)
- All Australian orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $10 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- All North American orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $50 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- Standard delivery times for international orders are 5 business days
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information.
- Please do not buy products with eggs or bacon, as international customs do not like this and your order may be confiscated at your own cost (no one wants wasted bacon and eggs!)
SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS
- A limited number of Montane items are shipped from the UK warehouse and delivery can take up to 14 business days from order placement
- All Ruffwear is shipped from our Christchurch store and usually leaves the same or next day. If for some reason we don't have the item you ordered we will notify you the day you order and let you know when you can expect delivery. Special order for non stocked items are usually 2 weeks.
- Shipping can be arranged for boats, please contact the store for details.
QUESTIONS?If you'd like to know availability and delivery times for a specific item please contact us and we will get back to you the same day.