Fun, fun, fun while paddling in the sun. The clue is in the name.
The FUN was Jackson Kayak’s first ever whitewater kayak! In 2015 they have returned to the core of what has made this kayak the best selling Jackson Kayak of all time: FUN!
The entirely new hull design returns the paddler to the roots of what fun on whitewater is: river running, surfing, squirting, cartwheeling and more.
The new hull will have high, forgiving, parting lines, lots of leg room for comfort and a sleek style reminiscent of the Fun we’re used to paddling.
The bow rocker is nice and high to keep your bow on the surface, while the stern rocker is smooth and subtle giving you better tracking, surfing and maneuverability. The combination of hull shape for river running and for play makes this boat a great transitional kayak for those wanting to spend more time playing than before.
Want to learn to surf but find yourself flushing straight through, the hull speed of this kayak will make catching waves a breeze.The fun is capable of easing beginners into freestyle and is also a great skills developing kayak for intermediates and experts.
Weight: 16 kg
Can't find what you're looking for? Give us a call and we will happily order in what you need.
New Hull Shape
Smooth rocker for speed, higher edges for stability, looser hull for more fun. Wide enough to plane on small features, tapered ends carve and release like a narrow boat
Sure-Lock Backband System
All-day comfort that’s instantly adjustable from the cockpit with no metal parts to rust, break or lose.
Added Stability due to Side Walls
The extra flair in the side walls give you great secondary stability. Lean it on over as the design will give you extra confidence so you can paddle on edge easier.
Lots of Leg and Foot Room
For taller paddlers to fit and let average paddlers to wear real shoes instead of booties.
Easy to Roll
That higher side-wall really helps enhance the end of your hip-snap!
Added Stability and Manoeuvrability
The higher bow rises over holes and waves so you can stay in control in the rapids. Blunted ends make it easier to cartwheel No excess length or volume to push through the water.
Go Pro Ready
Comes equipped with a Go Pro mount on the bow so you can show your friends all the action.
JK logo’d and BPA-free and designed to last for years - just like your kayak!
Max paddler (lbs:)165 to 230 (75 - 104 kg)
Size (inseem + footsize): 0 to 52 In (0 - 132 cm)
No. of Foam Bulkheads: None
Boat Weight: 35 lbs (16 kg)
Cockpit Size: 36 x 20.75 In (91 - 53 kg)
Footrest Type: Happy Feet (Large)
Height: 14.5 In (37 cm)
Hull Model: 2015
Length: 7'2 ft (2.2 m)
Material Linear: Poly
Model Year: 2015
Seat Type: Whitewater
Volume: 67 US gal (254 L)
Width: 26.5 In (67 cm)
NEW ZEALAND DELIVERY (excluding boats).
- For all NZ orders we use Post Haste Couriers
- All local orders over NZD $100 are shipped free using a standard service
- All local orders under NZD $100 are charged a flat fee of NZD $5 and ship using a standard service
- Standard delivery time for South Island is next business Day. North Island is 2 business days. Rural Address and PO box numbers add 2 days.
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information
- Once it has left the store it is at the mercy of the couriers. Please check your tracking information and contact the couriers if it has not arrived when expected.
INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY (AUSTRALIA, USA)
- All Australian orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $10 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- All North American orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $50 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- Standard delivery times for international orders are 5 business days
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information.
- Please do not buy products with eggs or bacon, as international customs do not like this and your order may be confiscated at your own cost (no one wants wasted bacon and eggs!)
SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS
- A limited number of Montane items are shipped from the UK warehouse and delivery can take up to 14 business days from order placement
- All Ruffwear is shipped from our Christchurch store and usually leaves the same or next day. If for some reason we don't have the item you ordered we will notify you the day you order and let you know when you can expect delivery. Special order for non stocked items are usually 2 weeks.
- Shipping can be arranged for boats, please contact the store for details.
QUESTIONS?If you'd like to know availability and delivery times for a specific item please contact us and we will get back to you the same day.