They took an epic trail shoe and made it even better.
Named after Karl Meltzer aka “The Speedgoat”, who holds the record for the most 100-mile trail race wins and epitomizes the “go everywhere, run everything” attitude, this shoe is designed to attack all kinds of technical trail.
With that in mind, the fit has been improved on the Speedgoat 2, as well as the stability and durability.
The wider midsole and toe box of Speedgoat 2 were well received as were the more aggressive Vibram® MegagGrip lugs, which hold up to all kinds of rugged terrain.
With the Speedgoat 3, the heel support has been increased and midfoot lockdown in the upper as well as “seatbelt” support on each side has been improved.
It’s a combo that creates a protective cradle, which makes the Speedgoat 3 the fastest, toughest trail running shoe out there.
Weight (per shoe): 258 grams
Open engineered mesh construction to maximize breathability and support
Reinforced TPU midfoot overlays to help ensure a secure fit
Midfoot cage construction designed for stability and lockdown/foot capture
Oversize EVA midsole provides lightweight cushioning
Wider platform designed to provide a more stable base on varied terrain
CMEVA foam midsole absorbs impact points and offers stable footing
Vibram® Megagrip hi-traction outsole with 5mm lugs
Multidirectional lugs for supreme grip on varied terrain
More durable outsole
Heel-toe Drop: 4 mm
Weight (per shoe) 258 grams
Lugs: 5 mm
NEW ZEALAND DELIVERY (excluding boats).
- For all NZ orders we use Post Haste Couriers
- All local orders over NZD $100 are shipped free using a standard service
- All local orders under NZD $100 are charged a flat fee of NZD $5 and ship using a standard service
- Standard delivery time for South Island is next business Day. North Island is 2 business days. Rural Address and PO box numbers add 2 days.
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information
- Once it has left the store it is at the mercy of the couriers. Please check your tracking information and contact the couriers if it has not arrived when expected.
INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY (AUSTRALIA, USA)
- All Australian orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $10 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- All North American orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $50 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- Standard delivery times for international orders are 5 business days
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information.
- Please do not buy products with eggs or bacon, as international customs do not like this and your order may be confiscated at your own cost (no one wants wasted bacon and eggs!)
SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS
- A limited number of Montane items are shipped from the UK warehouse and delivery can take up to 14 business days from order placement
- All Ruffwear is shipped from our Christchurch store and usually leaves the same or next day. If for some reason we don't have the item you ordered we will notify you the day you order and let you know when you can expect delivery. Special order for non stocked items are usually 2 weeks.
- Shipping can be arranged for boats, please contact the store for details.
QUESTIONS?If you'd like to know availability and delivery times for a specific item please contact us and we will get back to you the same day.