It sure is nice to bring along a few creature comforts even when you're headed way out there. Helix Backcountry is a compact, lightweight lantern which puts out a bright beam that’s easy on the eyes - perfect for around camp or in your tent. Helix Backcountry has a unique control surface that is free of buttons, yet gives access to a 150 lumen white mode, dimmable to 30 lumens, as well as a dimmable red mode for low profile use. The expanding globe and folding legs help Helix Backcountry to shine over a wide area. The lantern design also incorporates several hanging options.
- Lumen output 150
- Batteries 2 x AAA
- Dimmable LED This advanced circuitry allows selection of whichever power level suits user requirements.
- Weight 155 grams
- LEDs 2 Ultrabright LEDs The highest quality LED available, the Ultrabright LED is bright and efficient. The smooth, white, wide-beam light emitted by Ultrabright LEDs is ideal for close to mid-range tasks. Ultrabright LEDs are usually grouped together to offer a more powerful light source. Advances currently underway will continue to improve the effi ciency and brightness of Ultrabright LEDs.
- Heatsink Technology Princeton Tec has developed proprietary ultralight heatsinks to protect LED products from overheating. Even though LEDs operate at much lower temperatures than traditional incandescent bulbs, they still generate heat. If this heat is not dissipated, the LED will suffer irreversible damage. By using heatsinks, Princeton Tec lights can burn at extreme brightness levels for long periods of time. The heatsink may be incorporated internally or externally depending on the product and its application.
- Led Optic Collimater A collimator gathers all available light from an LED in the form of scattered rays and re-emits the light as parallel rays, making it more optically efficient than a standard reflector. Princeton Tec calibrates each collimator to the type of LED and application of each light. With proprietary optimized collimator / lens systems, Princeton Tec continues to advance LED technology.
- Maxbright LED The highest quality LED available from Lumileds, Princeton Tec’s Maxbright LED is extremely bright and efficient. This single LED emits a smooth, powerful, white light useful for a wide range of tasks. Princeton Tec uses collimators or reflectors with the Maxbright LED depending upon the application.
- Multiple Modes Multiple settings on many of our products give you the flexibility to adjust your light’s brightness and/or beam width to illuminate greater distances or to conserve battery power, depending on your needs.