This is the most light weight insulation Montane makes.
This is the lightest weight full zip synthetic jacket that montane does weighing in at just over 300grams this is the jacket if you are a fan of a lightweight gear set up
Created for lightweight climbing and backpacking, the Fireball Jacket provides highly packable insulation which will barely be noticed when stuffed in a rucksack. Its gossamer weight is achieved through the use of tough, low weight, nylon PERTEX® Quantum; low bulk and low weight PrimaLoft® SILVER ECO; and through the minimalist, yet functional design of the hood, sleeves and pocketing. The Fireball Jacket can be worn as an outer shell in cool, dry conditions or as a mid-layer underneath a shell jacket when things turn hostile.
Activities:Tramping, Trail Running, Ski touring, Use instead of a fleece as part of a layering system.
Colours: Black/Shadow/Electric Blue
- High tenacity PERTEX® Quantum Rip-stop fabric: fast drying, windproof and with a remarkable durable water repellency
- 40g PrimaLoft® SILVER ECO insulation for super packable, effective warmth and gossamer weight
- PEAQ Synthetic lining that is supremely comfortable next to the skin, highly breathable and fast drying
PATTERNING AND DESIGN
- Articulated arms for reach high movement and tailored specifically to reduce hem lift
- Stretch bound hood that can be worn underneath a climbing helmet
- Two insulated hand-warmer pockets positioned clear of backpack or climbing harness belt
- Pockets feature shaped zip garages to prevent further weather entry
CENTRE FRONT ZIP
- Full length YKK reverse coil front zip with internal wind-strip and roll over fine microfleece beardguard at top
CUFF AND SLEEVES CONFIGURATION
- Stretch bound low profile cuffs that can be pulled up forearms to aid cooling
- Adjustable lower hem to prevent heat loss and weather entry
- Rear external MONTANE® hang loop
- Stuffs into right hand pocket for easy storage
How do I wash my Montane synthetic insulated Jacket?
Wash at 30°C or 40°C (check the garment care label) on a gentle machine cycle with a non-biological detergent (without a built-in fabric softener) ensuring all zips and hook and loop sections are fastened. After the detergent wash place on an additional rinse cycle.
Drip dry. Some synthetic insulated jackets and garments can be tumble dried, please refer to the care label on your product.
Montane does not recommend that you dry clean or bleach your synthetic insulation clothing.
How do I care for my synthetic insulated jacket?
You can re-proof your synthetic garment by following the laundering instructions for your garment, followed by an additional cycle adding pure soap flakes or a specialist cleaner (for instance Nikwax Tech Wash) and then treat it with either a spray-on or wash-in re-proofer (such as Nikwax T.X. Direct)