Super Light! Super Warm! Wont be beaten by the cold or the mountains.
Top of the range super light, super warm, female down jacket. The North Star Lite is an Alpine down jacket designed and constructed for supreme versatility. Containing water resistant HyperDRY goose down from Allied Feather & Down and encased in a PERTEX® water resistant and windproof shell, it is light and warm enough to be used in a multitude of situations.
Neat tailored stitch through baffles follow your anatomical profile and allow efficient trapping of body heat. Wear it year round in the mountains and on cold, winter adventures.
Weight: 480 grams
Responsbile sourced down
Constructed from PERTEX® Quantum Y Yarn which provides enhanced downproofness and a strong tear strength
PERTEX® Quantum Y Yarn features Super 100 DWR that provides excellent water shedding through extended periods of wear
200g of 90/10 high quality Allied Feather & Down Titanium water resistant HyperDRY goose down at 800+ fill power, certified non live plucked and non force fed
PERTEX® Quantum Rip-stop lining throughout ensures the jacket is incredibly lightweight
Stitch through down panel construction prevents down migration and eliminates cold spots
Patterning and Design
Articulated arms with engineered tailoring to prevent seams constricting over elbows and upper arms
Technical tailoring to prevent arm lift raising the lower hem whilst reaching high
Responsible Down Sourcing
The premium down inside this product has been certified through the Responsible Down Standard (RDS) to ensure that it is the most responsibly sourced down available
Track my Down for comprehensive traceability information about the down used in this product
Fully insulated and baffled hood with stretch bound face aperture and rear pre-elastication for a close fit and to help retain heat
Internal elastic loop and hook at rear neck allows hood to be rolled down and stowed away whilst not in use in windy conditions
Two hand-warmer pockets positioned well clear of backpack or climbing harness belt
Internal zipped left hand side pocket
Centre Front Zip
Full length, reversed and baffled YKK front zip
Soft fleece chinguard next to chin for extra comfort
Cuff and Sleeves Configuration
- Low bulk stretch bound cuffs which can be pulled up to forearms to aid cooling
- Adjustable hem to prevent spindrift entry and heat loss
Lightweight trims for packability
Own waterproof storage MONTANE® dry bag
PERTEX® Quantum Y
PERTEX® Quantum Rip-Stop
- Allied Feather & Down Titanium HyperDRY Goose Down 800+
How do I wash my Montane down Jacket or sleeping bag?
If you choose to launder your down garment at home, machine wash it at 30°C on a gentle cycle with a down specific cleaning agent. Ensure all zips and hook & loop sections are fastened, then place your garment on an additional rinse cycle.
How do I rejuvenate the down in my down jacket or sleeping bag?
To rejuvenate the loft of your down garment it is essential that it is tumble dried. Place on a low heat setting, with 2 drier balls or clean tennis balls inside the drum, removing the garment every 15 minutes to check it.
Once the down begins to dry it will start to loft again, at which stage the garment can be very gently shaken to agitate and redistribute the down. Continue to tumble dry at 15 minute intervals until the down is dry.
Where should I store my down jacket or sleeping bag?
To maintain the loft and preserve the natural properties of the down, Montane recommends that you store down garments and sleeping bags loose and not stuffed in their drybags.
Click to enlarge
NEW ZEALAND DELIVERY (excluding boats).
- For all NZ orders we use Post Haste Couriers
- All local orders over NZD $100 are shipped free using a standard service
- All local orders under NZD $100 are charged a flat fee of NZD $5 and ship using a standard service
- Standard delivery time for South Island is next business Day. North Island is 2 business days. Rural Address and PO box numbers add 2 days.
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information
- Once it has left the store it is at the mercy of the couriers. Please check your tracking information and contact the couriers if it has not arrived when expected.
INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY (AUSTRALIA, USA)
- All Australian orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $10 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- All North American orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $50 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- Standard delivery times for international orders are 5 business days
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information.
- Please do not buy products with eggs or bacon, as international customs do not like this and your order may be confiscated at your own cost (no one wants wasted bacon and eggs!)
SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS
- A limited number of Montane items are shipped from the UK warehouse and delivery can take up to 14 business days from order placement
- All Ruffwear is shipped from our Christchurch store and usually leaves the same or next day. If for some reason we don't have the item you ordered we will notify you the day you order and let you know when you can expect delivery. Special order for non stocked items are usually 2 weeks.
- Shipping can be arranged for boats, please contact the store for details.
QUESTIONS?If you'd like to know availability and delivery times for a specific item please contact us and we will get back to you the same day.