Super Light! Super Warm! Wont be beat in the cold or mountains.
Top of the range super light super warm female down jacket . The North Star Lite is an Alpine down jacket designed and constructed for supreme versatility. Containing water resistant HyperDRY™ goose down from Allied Feather & Down and encased in a PERTEX® water resistant and windproof shell, it is light and warm enough to be used in a multitude of situations. Neat tailored stitch through baffles follow your anatomical profile and allow efficient trapping of body heat. Wear it year round in the mountains and on cold, winter adventures.
Weight 480 grams
Activities Climbing and Mountaineering Tramping and Cold Weather Travel
- Constructed from PERTEX® Quantum Y Yarn which provides enhanced downproofness and a strong tear strength
- PERTEX® Quantum Y Yarn features Super 100 DWR that provides excellent water shedding through extended periods of wear
- 200g of 90/10 high quality Allied Feather & Down Titanium water resistant HyperDRY™ goose down at 800+ fill power, certified non live plucked and non force fed
- PERTEX® Quantum Rip-stop lining throughout ensures the jacket is incredibly lightweight
- Stitch through down panel construction prevents down migration and eliminates cold spots
PATTERNING AND DESIGN
- Articulated arms with engineered tailoring to prevent seams constricting over elbows and upper arms
- Technical tailoring to prevent arm lift raising the lower hem whilst reaching high
RESPONSIBLE DOWN SOURCING
- The premium down inside this product has been certified through the Responsible Down Standard (RDS) to ensure that it is the most responsibly sourced down available
- Track my Down™ for comprehensive traceability information about the down used in this product
- Fully insulated and baffled hood with stretch bound face aperture and rear pre-elastication for a close fit and to help retain heat
- Internal elastic loop and hook at rear neck allows hood to be rolled down and stowed away whilst not in use in windy conditions
- Two hand-warmer pockets positioned well clear of backpack or climbing harness belt
- Internal zipped left hand side pocket
CENTRE FRONT ZIP
- Full length, reversed and baffled YKK front zip
- Soft fleece chinguard next to chin for extra comfort
CUFF AND SLEEVES CONFIGURATION
- Low bulk stretch bound cuffs which can be pulled up to forearms to aid cooling
- Adjustable hem to prevent spindrift entry and heat loss
- Lightweight trims for packability
- Own waterproof storage MONTANE® dry bag
Montane strongly recommends sending your down sleeping bag to a specialist down cleaning company. We do not recommend attempting to home launder your down sleeping bag.
How do I wash my Montane down Jacket or sleeping bag?
If you choose to launder your down garment at home, machine wash it at 30°C on a gentle cycle with a down specific cleaning agent. Ensure all zips and hook & loop sections are fastened, then place your garment on an additional rinse cycle.
How do I rejuvenate the down in my down jacket or sleeping bag?
To rejuvenate the loft of your down garment it is essential that it is tumble dried. Place on a low heat setting, with 2 drier balls or clean tennis balls inside the drum, removing the garment every 15 minutes to check it.
Once the down begins to dry it will start to loft again, at which stage the garment can be very gently shaken to agitate and redistribute the down. Continue to tumble dry at 15 minute intervals until the down is dry.
Where should I store my down jacket or sleeping bag?
To maintain the loft and preserve the natural properties of the down, Montane recommends that you store down garments and sleeping bags loose and not stuffed in their drybags.