An ultra-light, ultra-packable micro baffle HyperDRY ECO Down Jacket.
Insulation doesn't get much lower in weight or bulk than this. Exceptionally light, the Featherlite Down Jacket is highly versatile for year round mountain activities. Wear as a mid-layer when moving quickly in really cold conditions or as outer insulation on cool evening camps.
Packing down to the size of a large orange, it will hardly be noticed when stowed in your backpack, whilst the PERTEX® Quantum outer fabric allows the down to loft to its capacity on demand.
Weight: 470 grams
Highly versatile for year round use
Water resistant, windproof outer fabric
Water resistant fluorocarbon-free down
Micro baffle construction
2 hand-warmer pockets
- Includes a Montane stuff sac perfect for storage on the move
Lightweight, 100% windproof PERTEX® Quantum Rip-stop outer with a superior DWR
140g of high quality 90/10 Allied Feather & Down Titanium water resistant fluorocarbon-free HyperDRY ECO down at 750+ fill power, certified non live plucked and non force fed
PEAQ Down lining that is comfortable next to the skin, highly breathable and fast drying
Micro baffle anatomical construction allowing perfect loft space for the down
Patterning and Design
- Articulated arms for reach high movement and tailored specifically to reduce hem lift
The premium down inside this product has been certified through the Responsible Down Standard (RDS) to ensure that it is the most responsibly sourced down available
Track my Down for comprehensive traceability information about the down used in this product
Fully adjustable down filled technical hood designed to fit comfortably over a climbing helmet
Adjustable face aperture with three point adjustment
Foam reinforced hood peak for stability
Internal elastic loop and hook on rear head compression drawcord allows hood to be rolled down and stowed away whilst not in use in windy conditions
Two hand-warmer pockets with YKK reverse coil zips
Chest pocket for handy essentials in the mountains
Internal right hand side drop pocket
Full length YKK reverse coil front zip
Internal storm flap behind centre front zip for increased weather protection
Roll over chinguard lined with brushed fine microfleece is comfortable next to the mouth and chin
- Adjustable hem with cinchable drawcord to prevent spindrift entry and heat loss
Washing a down jacket is often a task that people are scared to do in case they completely destroy the jacket. Professionals have actually advised not to wash your down in the past.
Down jackets and Montane sleeping bags should not require regular laundering. However, after extended periods of use down filled products can become contaminated with a build-up of dirt, grease and body oils. At this stage it is advisable to clean your garment or sleeping bag in order to restore the down's loft and longevity.
If you choose to launder your down garment at home, machine wash it at 30°C on a gentle cycle with a down specific cleaning agent. Ensure all zips and hook & loop sections are fastened, then place your garment on an additional rinse cycle.
Click to enlarge
NEW ZEALAND DELIVERY (excluding boats)...
- For all NZ orders we use Post Haste Couriers
- All local orders over NZD $100 are shipped free using a standard service
- All local orders under NZD $100 are charged a flat fee of NZD $6 and ship using a standard service
- Standard delivery time for South Island is next business Day. North Island is 2 business days. Rural Address and PO box numbers add 2 days.
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information
- Once it has left the store it is at the mercy of the couriers. Please check your tracking information and contact the couriers if it has not arrived when expected.
PICK UP/CLICK & COLLECT: We offer an in-store pick up service. This is contactless, please order online and choose Pick-Up. You will be notified when your order is ready for collection. Please visit the shop side door on Lawson St, the main door will be closed.
WHERE IS MY ORDER: Once your order has been shipped you will receive a Shipment Order Email. This will have a link to your tracking details, you can use this link to find the location of your parcel and contact the courier company to see how far away it is. You can also use our online chatbot 'Bruce', to track your 'order status'. 🐻
INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY (AUSTRALIA, USA)
- All Australian orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $10 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- All North American orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $50 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- Standard delivery times for international orders are 5 business days
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information.
- Please do not buy products with eggs or bacon, as international customs do not like this and your order may be confiscated at your own cost (no one wants wasted bacon and eggs!)
SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS
- A limited number of Montane items are shipped from the UK warehouse and delivery can take up to 14 business days from order placement
- All Ruffwear is shipped from our Christchurch store and usually leaves the same or next day. If for some reason we don't have the item you ordered we will notify you the day you order and let you know when you can expect delivery. Special order for non stocked items are usually 2 weeks.
- Shipping for white water boats starts at $99. Shipping can be arranged for all other boats, kayaks and canoes. Please contact the store for details.
QUESTIONS?If you'd like to know availability and delivery times for a specific item please contact us and we will get back to you the same day.