An extreme smock that has become a modern outdoor classic.
The first truly technical softshell, single layer mountain smock, designed and built without compromise.
Tested in extreme and hostile conditions for over 20 years by mountaineers, climbers and on multiple high Arctic and Antarctic expeditions, both the Extreme Smock and Extreme Jacket have become trusted favourites of Mountain Rescue teams and outdoor professionals across the world.
Weight: 1,050 grams
Outer shell constructed from PERTEX® Classic 6 that is windproof, water repellent, fast drying and breathable
Zoned DRYACTIV 3000 deep pile lining wicks sweat, dries fast and retains warmth even when wet
Reinforced tough POLARDRI® Mini-Rip elbows to protect against rock abrasion
Patterning and Design
- Articulated arms with fine microfleece inner arm panel to prevent pile constructing over elbows and biceps
- Adjustable and removable hood with three point adjustment and wired peak
- Two way YKK zipped side vents with storm flap
Two fine microfleece lined A-line hand-warmer pockets positioned clear of backpack or climbing harness belt
Large front pocket for storing essentials
Sleeve pocket with hook and loop closure
Centre Front Zip
- Storm baffled ½ length front YKK zip Soft fleece beardguard at inner collar for extra comfort
Cuff and Sleeves Configuration
Hook and loop adjustable cuffs with grab tabs for ease of use with gloves or mitts D-ring sewn at forearm to attach glove or mitt cord
Hook and loop adjustable hem with grab tabs to prevent spindrift entry and heat loss
Removable crotch strap to prevent hem riding up whilst reaching high
Click to enlarge
NEW ZEALAND DELIVERY (excluding boats).
- For all NZ orders we use Post Haste Couriers
- All local orders over NZD $100 are shipped free using a standard service
- All local orders under NZD $100 are charged a flat fee of NZD $5 and ship using a standard service
- Standard delivery time for South Island is next business Day. North Island is 2 business days. Rural Address and PO box numbers add 2 days.
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information
- Once it has left the store it is at the mercy of the couriers. Please check your tracking information and contact the couriers if it has not arrived when expected.
INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY (AUSTRALIA, USA)
- All Australian orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $10 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- All North American orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $50 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- Standard delivery times for international orders are 5 business days
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information.
- Please do not buy products with eggs or bacon, as international customs do not like this and your order may be confiscated at your own cost (no one wants wasted bacon and eggs!)
SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS
- A limited number of Montane items are shipped from the UK warehouse and delivery can take up to 14 business days from order placement
- All Ruffwear is shipped from our Christchurch store and usually leaves the same or next day. If for some reason we don't have the item you ordered we will notify you the day you order and let you know when you can expect delivery. Special order for non stocked items are usually 2 weeks.
- Shipping can be arranged for boats, please contact the store for details.
QUESTIONS?If you'd like to know availability and delivery times for a specific item please contact us and we will get back to you the same day.