A serious piece of clothing for serious mountain adventures.
The first choice amongst leading high Arctic expeditions, these salopettes are regularly used in super cold, hostile conditions.
Utilising the same combination of fabrics as the Extreme Smock, they can be worn as a single layer or in truly harsh conditions as part of a layering system.
Featuring additional details such as mitt grab tabs and extra reinforcement, the Extreme Salopettes have become a classic cold weather garment.
Used by the Catlin Arctic Survey and the British Antarctic Survey Lake Ellsworth Expedition during the winter of 2011/2012.
Weight: 1,122 grams
Highly windproof, breathable and fast drying PERTEX® 6 outer shell DRYACTIV 3000 deep pile lining throughout salopettes that provides warmth, wicks sweat, dries fast and helps to retain body warmth even when wet
Tough POLARDRI® Mini-Rip reinforcement on the seat, knees and inner ankles
Patterning and Design
- Articulated knees for step high movement, perfect for mountain use
Two way front YKK zip with external storm flap and press stud closure
Part elasticated waist to reduce heat loss
- Two zipped mesh lined chest pockets for storage of essentials
- Full length, externally baffled and studded two way side YKK zips
Hook and loop calf tabs which reduce volume around calves for a closer fit and to minimise excess fabric
Press stud ankle adjustment for tight fit against footwear and to prevent heat loss
Adjustable elasticated braces to prevent heat loss and ensure consistent fit during high exertion
Mitt grab tabs at all critical points for use with cold weather mitts and gloves
Click to enlarge
NEW ZEALAND DELIVERY (excluding boats)...
- For all NZ orders we use Post Haste Couriers
- All local orders over NZD $100 are shipped free using a standard service
- All local orders under NZD $100 are charged a flat fee of NZD $6 and ship using a standard service
- Standard delivery time for South Island is next business Day. North Island is 2 business days. Rural Address and PO box numbers add 2 days.
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information
- Once it has left the store it is at the mercy of the couriers. Please check your tracking information and contact the couriers if it has not arrived when expected.
PICK UP/CLICK & COLLECT: We offer an in-store pick up service. This is contactless, please order online and choose Pick-Up. You will be notified when your order is ready for collection. Please visit the shop side door on Lawson St, the main door will be closed.
WHERE IS MY ORDER: Once your order has been shipped you will receive a Shipment Order Email. This will have a link to your tracking details, you can use this link to find the location of your parcel and contact the courier company to see how far away it is. You can also use our online chatbot 'Bruce', to track your 'order status'. 🐻
INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY (AUSTRALIA, USA)
- All Australian orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $10 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- All North American orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $50 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- Standard delivery times for international orders are 5 business days
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information.
- Please do not buy products with eggs or bacon, as international customs do not like this and your order may be confiscated at your own cost (no one wants wasted bacon and eggs!)
SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS
- A limited number of Montane items are shipped from the UK warehouse and delivery can take up to 14 business days from order placement
- All Ruffwear is shipped from our Christchurch store and usually leaves the same or next day. If for some reason we don't have the item you ordered we will notify you the day you order and let you know when you can expect delivery. Special order for non stocked items are usually 2 weeks.
- Shipping for white water boats starts at $99. Shipping can be arranged for all other boats, kayaks and canoes. Please contact the store for details.
QUESTIONS?If you'd like to know availability and delivery times for a specific item please contact us and we will get back to you the same day.