Tough hikes demand tough packs.
It has gained the titles of "indestructible" and "custom-made." That's how it will stay, although the popular trekking backpack is now up to 15% lighter.
The new, ergonomically shaped hip fins flow into the back construction and literally embrace the body. This allows even heavier loads to be carried easily and close to the body's centre of gravity.
In addition, the Aircontact, which is also a great travel backpack, lets you use its lid as a separate, detachable small backpack.
Weight: 2,540 grams
- The easiest way to carry heavy loads is when backpack and wearer become one. This is what our Aircontact principle is all about: the body contact system brings the weight close to the body and therefore close to the center of gravity. This results in full pack control and an effective load transfer. Furthermore, the Aircontact cushions made from special hollow chamber foam guarantee fantastic ventilation due to the pump effect of every movement.
Active Comfort Fit
Vari Quick System
- For easy adjustment to any back length
- Robust X-Frame Construction
- A height adjustable lid provides additional space
- With removable separator for ideal gear access and load placement
- A zipped opening on the front of the pack provides easy access to lower packed items
Padded Hip Belt
- Additional padding on the hip belt provides more carrying comfort
Vari Flex System
- Deuter's Vari Flex System, leaving the generous hip fins fully mobile. The Vari Flex hip fins follow even the most complex movements allowing tricky sections to be negotiated without losing yor balance - especially important when carrying a hefty load.
- The sternum strap stabilizes the pack on the shoulders
- Removable rain cover with special pocket
- Stretch compartment on the inside of the back to stow sweaty/wet clothes
- Provides the most important tips in case of emergency
Hydration System 3.0 L Compatible
- Compatible with Streamer 2.0 l & Streamer 3.0 l
Hiking Pole Attachment
- Attachment loops for hiking poles
- This pocket integrated into the lid guarantees quick access to your gear
Load Adjustment Straps
- To individually adapt the pack’s centre of gravity
Pull-Foward Hip Fin
- Allows an easy and precise adjustment
External Pockets (2)
Weight: 2,540 grams
Volume: 65 + 10 Litres
Dimensions (H x W x D): 86 x 32 x 26 cm
100D PA High Tenacity
- The lightweight version of their Nylon Pocket Rip. The thin yarn is extremely lightweight. Yet the tight weave makes it extremely abrasion and tear resistant.
Air Contact Lite System Back System
- The contact back system with its open-cell functional foam provides perceptibly good ventilation and makes for a perfect balance of pleasant carrying comfort and low net weight. Ideal requirements for an effective transfer of weight.
ECL Hip Fins
- Effective transition of weight through ergonomically cut, compact, ECL hip fins that custom fit the hips. Special pads precisely adjust to the hip and provide stable and comfortable hold of the load.
Vari Quick Adjustment
- The back system can be adjusted to the individual back length quickly and easily for an optimal fit with the convenient length adjustment system.
NEW ZEALAND DELIVERY (excluding boats)...
- For all NZ orders we use Post Haste Couriers
- All local orders over NZD $100 are shipped free using a standard service
- All local orders under NZD $100 are charged a flat fee of NZD $6 and ship using a standard service
- Standard delivery time for South Island is next business Day. North Island is 2 business days. Rural Address and PO box numbers add 2 days.
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information
- Once it has left the store it is at the mercy of the couriers. Please check your tracking information and contact the couriers if it has not arrived when expected.
PICK UP/CLICK & COLLECT: We offer an in-store pick up service. This is contactless, please order online and choose Pick-Up. You will be notified when your order is ready for collection. Please visit the shop side door on Lawson St, the main door will be closed.
WHERE IS MY ORDER: Once your order has been shipped you will receive a Shipment Order Email. This will have a link to your tracking details, you can use this link to find the location of your parcel and contact the courier company to see how far away it is. You can also use our online chatbot 'Bruce', to track your 'order status'. 🐻
INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY (AUSTRALIA, USA)
- All Australian orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $10 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- All North American orders are charged a flat fee of NZD $50 and are shipped using a standard service (not including boats).
- Standard delivery times for international orders are 5 business days
- Once your item has been dispatched you will receive an email with tracking information.
- Please do not buy products with eggs or bacon, as international customs do not like this and your order may be confiscated at your own cost (no one wants wasted bacon and eggs!)
SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS
- A limited number of Montane items are shipped from the UK warehouse and delivery can take up to 14 business days from order placement
- All Ruffwear is shipped from our Christchurch store and usually leaves the same or next day. If for some reason we don't have the item you ordered we will notify you the day you order and let you know when you can expect delivery. Special order for non stocked items are usually 2 weeks.
- Shipping for white water boats starts at $99. Shipping can be arranged for all other boats, kayaks and canoes. Please contact the store for details.
QUESTIONS?If you'd like to know availability and delivery times for a specific item please contact us and we will get back to you the same day.